What is Thyroid?
The thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland located in the front of the neck.
What is the Function of Thyroid?
The thyroid gland's primary function is hormone production. It secretes hormones that regulate vital activities, including:
- Metabolism: The thyroid controls the rate at which the body converts food into energy, playing a central role in maintaining body weight and energy levels.
- Regulating Blood Pressure: Thyroid hormones help maintain blood pressure within the optimal range.
- Controlling Body Temperature: They play a role in ensuring the body's temperature remains steady.
- Heart Rate: The thyroid influences heart rate, helping to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Menstrual Cycle: Thyroid hormones contribute to the regulation of the menstrual cycle in women.
What is Thyroid Cancer?
Thyroid cancer occurs when cells within the thyroid gland undergo mutations and start dividing uncontrollably. Early detection and treatment are critical for a positive prognosis.
Symptoms of Thyroid Cancer
Recognizing thyroid cancer symptoms is essential for prompt intervention. These symptoms include:
- Neck Swelling: Visible enlargement in the neck.
- Difficulty Swallowing: A sensation of throat constriction or trouble swallowing.
- Neck Pain: Discomfort or pain in the neck area.
- Voice Changes: Hoarseness or other voice alterations.
- Persistent Cough: A lingering, unexplained cough.
- Neck Lump: Detection of a lump or mass in the neck region.
Being aware of these symptoms empowers individuals to seek medical attention when necessary, facilitating early diagnosis and treatment for thyroid cancer. Regular health check-ups can be pivotal in identifying and addressing thyroid-related concerns.
If you have any uncertainties or seek a better understanding of cancer, we invite you to reach out to CION Cancer Clinics. Our team is here to assist you. Feel free to contact us at 1800 120 2676, or you can conveniently fill out the form through the provided link.